It shouldn’t surprise me, but I admit, it took me off guard; I wasn’t ready, and it took about an hour and a half to figure it out.
What am I talking about? The battle. You know, that whole “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood” thing. That spiritual battle that is constantly going on for our souls. That battle that rages the fiercest when we decide to take a stand. Like I did yesterday. “Do you trust Me?” Today is testing day.
I woke up in a mood. That blah kind of mood that really has no basis for existence, and yet it persists to exist. I could blame it on being too tired. Maybe I’m fighting a cold. Or it could be that age-old female excuse, PMS. But I’m not going to give in to excuses. Thank goodness the Lord helped me wake up and face the music…it’s time to get ready for battle.
Time to pull out the armor and make sure it’s on tight.
‘Cause at the end of this day,
I wanna be able to say
That I was “strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.”
So, let’s pull out the checklist:
1. Belt of truth – God is bigger than the boogie man, and He will provide me with everything I need for “life and godliness.”—Check!
2. Breastplate of righteousness – I’m a broken, useless clay pot without Him, but by His grace, through the blood of my Savior, God the Father sees me as whole and righteous.—Check!
3. Shoes for readiness given by the gospel of peace – I’m prepared to go wherever, whenever, and share the good news however—Check!
4. Shield of faith – “Do you trust Me?” Yes, Lord, I trust You!—Check!
5. Helmet of salvation – That’s an important one…I am a child of God, bought with a price. I am saved!—Check!
6. Sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God) – That’s what I’m wielding right now, baby! The Word of God!—Check!
7. And now the really important part: “praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.” Prayer—Check!
I’m ready. In His strength, I’m ready! Let’s roll!
P.S. If you’re looking for the Armor of God passage, it’s in Ephesians, chapter 6. You can’t miss it!